- All Practice Area
- Commercial property
- Corporate corruption
- Corporate Counsel
- Corporate governance
- Education & training
- Environmental Law
- European Commission
- European Commission
- Family law
- Financial services regulation
- Focus Europe
- Italy in-house survey
- Legal services
- Litigation/Dispute Resolution
- Media law
- Practice management
- Private equity
- Projects and Infrastructure
- Real Estate
- Sports law
- The court of justice
- Wealth Management
Issue 112, January 70
The latest issue of Europe's leading monthly magazine for business lawyers.
Terms and Conditions Bookmark PagePrint Page
In these Terms and Conditions, the following words and phrases shall bear the following meanings:
- "The European Lawyer" is a product owned and operated by FutureLex Ltd, whose registered office is at FutureLex Ltd, Hereford House, 23/24 Smithfield Street, London, EC1A 9LF.
- "Services" means services provided by EuropeanLawyer.co.uk
- "User" means any person who accesses or uses EuropeanLawyer.co.uk or any of the Services.
- "Data" means data or information in any format, whether existing at the time of registration or not, which is communicated or transmitted to the User in accordance with a Service.
- "Personal Information" means Personal Data as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998 as amended.
1. By accessing or using any of the Services the User acknowledges and agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
2. The User agrees to fully comply with these Terms and Conditions, including the acceptance of liability as detailed in clauses 4 and 5.
3. Each User is allocated a unique user name and password for the authorised use of the User only. These are not transferable, and the User shall keep them strictly confidential and secure.
4. The User shall indemnify FutureLex Ltd against any unauthorised use of his/her user name and password, including use by a third party where the User has allowed or facilitated that third party to have access to any Data received in conjunction with any of the Services, however so received.
5. The User shall indemnify FutureLex Ltd against all costs, claims, demands or expenses incurred by or made against FutureLex Ltd or EuropeanLawyer.co.uk as a result of any breach of these Terms and Conditions or howsoever arising.
6. FutureLex Ltd takes the privacy of its Users seriously. It is committed to safeguarding the privacy of its Users.
All User information supplied by Users of EuropeanLawyer.co.uk as defined under EuropeanLawyer.com Terms & Conditions is covered by the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act). The Act requires FutureLex Ltd to be registered as a Data Controller. Polyview Media’s registration number is 5792730.
Users can access the data held on them by EuropeanLawyer.co.uk by contacting us at email@example.com. EuropeanLawyer.co.uk makes a nominal charge of £10, as authorised by the Act, to cover administration costs.
User information will not be disclosed to a third party without Users’ permission. User details will be used only to provide service(s) specifically requested by the User.
Users’ details may be transferred to another company if ownership of europeanlawyer.co.uk changes.
Whenever a User requests a page, username, IP address, browser and version and operating system are stored in a log file. This information is only used for statistical purposes to help improve this site and provide accurate statistics to advertisers in the form of aggregated data.
FutureLex Ltd, its agents or representatives shall have no liability whatsoever to the User for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or special loss or damage, cost or expense suffered or incurred by the User (whether arising in tort, contract or otherwise, and whether arising from the negligence, breach of contract, defamation, infringement of copyright or other intellectual rights) caused by use of europeanlawyer.co.uk or from the negligence of its employees or agents or licensors, and whether asserted against Polyview Media, europeanlawyer.co.uk or against any third party in relation to the use of Services.
8. FutureLex Ltd does not make any representation or give any warranty, either express or implied:
- in relation to any information, goods or services offered, accessed or obtained through europeanlawyer.co.uk;
- in relation to warrantees of title, non infringement of copyright or patent rights of others, merchantability, or fitness or suitability for any purpose;
- for the content, accuracy, integrity, lawfulness or otherwise of information on websites over which FutureLex Ltd has no control;
- as to the suitability of the information and data on europeanlawyer.co.uk site for any particular purpose;
- that the information and data on europeanlawyer.co.uk site is free of infection by computer viruses or other contamination.
9. FutureLex Ltd and its agents or representatives do not endorse or in any respect warrant any third party products or services by virtue of any information, material or content referred to, or included on, or linked from or to The Lawyer.com site or services.
10. Europeanlawyer.co.uk site and europeanlawyer.co.uk Services do not purport to provide legal or other professional advice. FutureLex Ltd is not responsible for Users taking or refraining from taking actions on the basis of information provided by europeanlawyer.co.uk or europeanlawyer.co.uk Services.
11. Although every care is taken in the preparation of information supplied by europeanlawyer.co.uk and europeanlawyer.co.uk services, FutureLex Ltd is not responsible for any loss suffered as a result of any action taken or refrained from being taken as a result of any information contained in europeanlawyer.co.uk site or supplied by europeanlawyer.co.uk.
TRADE MARKS AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
12. All rights in "europeanlawyer.co.uk", and "European Lawyer" and other marks owned by FutureLex Ltd are reserved.
13. Polyview Media reserves the right to prohibit access by person(s) to the Services at its sole discretion.
14. Polyview Media reserves the right to remove, alter, change or vary the Services at any time without notice.
APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
15. The provision of the Services is governed by the Laws of England and shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
16. FutureLex reserves the right to vary or amend these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice.
Elsewhere on the European Lawyer site
© Polyview Media 2009